A soak in the warm, swirling waters of your hot tub or spa is more than just luxury. It's now practically a necessity for improved health and a good night’s sleep. We offer hot tubs by West Coast Spas.
Hot Tubs Health Benefits
Since the time of the ancient Greeks, people have found natural healing powers in bubbling pools of hot water. Through the ages, the Romans, Greeks, Japanese and other cultures have realized its many benefits through spirit, mind and body. Hot tubs can create the same effect.
The heat, buoyancy and massage found in the warm, soothing waters of a hot tub create an experience that is both relaxing and rejuvenating. Sit back and relax in your hot tub and feel the power of the hydro massage.
Whether it's to unwind from the complexities of everyday life or to soothe sore muscles and joints caused by sports or minor strains, here how a hot tub hydro massage can help you feel better - naturally.
Relaxation and Stress Reduction
- Stress has an adverse effect on health - the heart works harder, breathing becomes more rapid and shallow, and digestion slows. Nearly every process of the body is degraded.
- Researchers have estimated that 80% of disease is stress related.
- Relaxing in a spa stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural 'feel good' chemical, giving you a sense of wellbeing and rejuvenation.
- Warm water and soothing massage relieves anxiety and relaxes tense muscles.
- A hot tub provides a sanctuary for quiet moments alone or to connect with family and friends.
Soothes Aches and Pains
- Many physicians and physical therapists recognize the value of a hot tub as an ideal environment for rehabilitation therapy.
- Eases muscle pain, fatigue, stiffness and soreness due to sports activities and exercising.
- Raises body temperature and causes blood vessels to dilate, resulting in increased circulation and blood flow which accelerates the body’s natural healing process.
- Speeds the elimination of lactic acids and other toxins, which are replaced by oxygen and the body’s natural nutrients.
- Relaxes muscles and stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers.
- Helps increase flexibility and range of motion, which can help prevent exercise-related injuries.
- Ideal environment for stretching which can help stimulate the production or retention of lubricants between connective tissue fibers.
Arthritis Pain Relief
- The Arthritis Foundation recognizes the benefits of hydro massage and warm water exercise to help relieve arthritis pain. A morning soak in a hot tub can provide temporary relief from arthritis pain and help you feel better throughout the day.
- Reduces body weight by approximately 90%, relieving pressure on joints and muscles and making it a safe and gentle environment for warm water exercise.
- Increases circulation and helps move inflammatory substances away from the joints.
- Allows muscles to become relaxed, which creates an overall feeling of comfort and makes it easier to carry out daily tasks.
- Raises the body’s temperature and causes blood vessels to dilate, resulting in increased circulation.
- Decreases swelling and stiffness and restores strength and flexibility, which can help increase range of motion and protect joints against further damage.
- According to a medical study conducted by a the Mayo Clinic, the cardiovascular stress of a 15-minute soak at 104 degrees is mild – much less that the stress of the light exercise most people with heart disease are advised to do.
- A Better Night’s Sleep.
- According to a study in the scientific journal Sleep, a drop in body temperature can help to ease your body into a deeper, more relaxing sleep.
- Relaxing in hot water for 15 minutes before bedtime causes the body’s internal thermostat to pull your temperature down, enabling you to drift into a deeper, more relaxing sleep.
- Hydro massage is a natural remedy, unlike prescription & over-the-counter drugs and alcohol, all of which make you feel groggy and have other adverse side effects.
- A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine indicates that soaking in a hot tub can be beneficial for people who are affected with Type 2 Diabetes.
- Can reduce blood sugar levels by 13%.
- Ideal for individuals who are physically unable to endure rigorous activity.
- Increases overall sense of wellbeing.
- Promotes improved sleep.